To be considered for admission to the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program, each applicant must meet the requirements listed below.
Step-by-Step Application Process
Applicants must submit both online demographic information and supplemental materials. Supplemental materials MUST be scanned into ONE PDF document and emailed to [email protected]. Individual letters of recommendation may be submitted with the supplemental materials or emailed in separately.
Applications are reviewed by the NUFP Regional Coordinator in the applicant's institution’s region. A recommendation on the application is made to the NUFP Board Chair who then makes the final decision. Applicants should anticipate an application decision within four to six weeks after the application deadline.
- Locate your NASPA Customer ID. If you do not have a customer ID, please create one here, but do not purchase a membership.
- Submit the online demographic form. Please ensure that you are submitting the online form that aligns with your application round/ deadline.
Please make sure to download each of these forms and fill in all fields. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed:
- Fellow Application Questions
- Mentor Application Form
- Fellow-Mentor Agreement Form
- Full copy of current transcript (official or unofficial) or degree audit with cumulative GPA circled. Please do not send only the last page.
- One letter of recommendation from a staff or faculty member. The letter must come from someone who will not be your NUFP Mentor. This letter should address your potential as a future student affairs professional.
Please note that the NUFP application no longer requires an "Institutional Commitment" form.
Applications for the 2018-2019 NUFP Class are now open!
Spring Deadline: Friday, May 11, 2018
Fall Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2018
Careers in Student Affairs Month (CSAM) Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2018