Complete Your Profile
While COVID-19 has upended nearly everything in higher education, it has not changed our core obligations to respond to violence in a way that limits its effects and prevents its recurrence, and to engage in proven and promising prevention programs.
The Violence Against Women Act amendments to the Clery Act required that all institutions receiving Title IV funds create new policies and procedures responsive to sexual and interpersonal violence, and new significant efforts to prevent violence before it occurs. While COVID-19 has changed how we might meet (and exceed) these obligations, it has not removed the core requirements. We recognize that campuses are facing challenges in capacity, bandwidth, personnel, and funding, and want to assist with resources that can be used in this unprecedented time, and beyond as campuses return to status quo.
In this live briefting, we will feature programs and resources developed by Culture of Respect and The State University of New York that are not only responsive to specific requirements of the law, but help institutions go beyond minimal compliance to better “meet students where they are.” The session will move down the incident stream, starting with upstream prevention, through online training, response, and awareness resources specific to different groups at risk of violence, and a cutting-edge training program in comprehensive response. Highlighted programs and resources will include:
· Culture of Respect CORE Blueprint and Evaluation
· Culture of Respect Foundations Online Course
· Culture of Respect Collective
· SUNY SPARC Online SIV Prevention Training
· SUNY TRAC Alcohol Use Reduction Training
· SUNY Visa and Immigration Resource
· SPECTRUM and SUNY Student Conduct Institute
We will also draw upon years of experience to discuss how to apply these resources in a distance/digital environment, and also to use this time to construct building blocks towards long-term improvement in response and prevention.
This live briefing is open to all and at no cost.
Accessing the Presentation
Once you complete your registration, you will be able to access the session by following the instructions below:
- Go to My Online Events and log in with your NASPA username and password
- Once there, you will see a list of the online presentations you have registered for
- Choose your session, click “Continue,” and you will be brought to your course content
If you have any difficulty accessing the materials, please contact Jennifer E. Henkle (email@example.com).