Message from Chair
Adult Learners and students with children are two large, growing, and important populations to higher education. Our Knowledge Community hopes to be on the forefront of how student affairs practitioners can best work with these students.
Please read our latest newsletter.
Complete Your Profile
Login and update your profile.
Knowledge Community leaders are NASPA volunteers who have generously devoted their time to their Knowledge Community. Chairs are elected by the Knowledge Community members while Regional representatives are selected from within the Region. Additional roles are selected by the Knowledge Community.
The Adult Learners and Students with Children Knowledge Community compiled the following list of resources; however, inclusion on this list does not represent an endorsement of the information, site, or organization by NASPA and any of its entities. To suggest new sites or report an error, email Martha Harper.
- Advocating for Pregnant & Parenting Students: How to be Proactive not Reactive $49 for NASPA members free to ALSC KC members, write to [email protected] for an access code.
- Association for Non-Traditional Student in Higher Education
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
- National College Transition Network
- Non-Traditional Students
- Adult Students
- Students Over 30 Resources
- Non-Traditional Student Blog
- Non-Traditional Student Twitter
- About.com site with non-traditional student tips
- College for Adults
- Alpha Sigma Lambda
- Omicron Psi
- American Council on Education resources
- US Department of Education Office of Vocational and Adult Eduation
- American Association for Adult and Continuing Education
- Students Parents organization (AR, CA, MO, MS, GA only)
- Title IX Resources for Student who are parents rights
- Post-traditional Learners and the Transformation of Postsecondary Education: A Manifesto for College Leaders By Louis Soares - See PDF Resources below
One of the best resources available to you is the wide range of professional development opportunities. This list contains both our “Hosted Events,” workshops and webinars that we plan and manage, and some “Related Events,” hosted by the NASPA Central Office or other NASPA Constituent Groups. To see a full listing of NASPA events, please see the Events page.