STAYING GROUNDED, BRANCHING INTO THE FUTURE
Registration Open Now!
New this year is a pre-conference designed for graduate students and newer professionals. The rate for the pre-conference is listed separately from the drive-in rates. The pre-conference will take place on Thursday, Feb 1 and the drive-in will take place on Friday, Feb 2.
|Registrant Type||Regular Rate (online through Jan 5)||On-Site Rate|
|General Registration - NASPA Member||$85||$105|
|General Registration - Non-Member||$100||$120|
|NASPA Student Member||$60||$80|
Non-member Registration: Anyone can register to attend NASPA events, members and non-members. In order to register, you will need to create a profile but will not be required to have a membership. After the profile has been created, you can register and receive the non-member rate for the event.
Member Registration: Registration as a member is based on individual membership status at the time of the event. If your current membership will expire prior to the event, you will have the option to renew at the time of registration to receive the member rate.
If you are not a current member and are employed by a college or university that is an institutional member, you can join as a professional affiliate member for $80. If your institution is NOT a member, you can join as an associate affiliate member for $250. Both membership types provide access to the individual member rate for the event. Please visit the membership section of the NASPA website to learn more about membership types and benefits. We hope you’ll consider joining today!
For a comprehensive listing of NASPA registration policies, please visit this page.
Call for Programs
Program Proposals Open Now!
The NASPA-Georgia Conference Committee invites you to join us February 1-2, 2024 to reflect on our collective and individual goals, passions, and purposes of NASPA and student affairs.
As a reminder, our theme is 'Staying Grounded, Branching into the Future.' We encourage presenters to focus on the four pillars of NASPA - Inquiry, Inclusion, Integrity, and Innovation. However, we have also listed below several key topic areas that can contribute to our theme. We also want to note that if you have a program proposal that may not fit clearly in one of the topic areas below, you are highly encouraged to still submit your program proposal.
Student Well-Being and Mental Health
- Strategies for promoting student well-being in a rapidly changing world.
- Addressing mental health challenges on campus and supporting student resilience.
- Innovations in counseling and support services.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in student affairs.
- Building inclusive campus communities and fostering belonging.
- Best practices for addressing diversity and equity issues in student affairs.
- Navigating legislative and public policy challenges
- Innovative approaches to student programming and events.
- Building student engagement in a post-pandemic world.
- Effective use of social media and online platforms for student involvement.
- Empowering student leaders to drive positive change on campus.
- Leadership development programs and best practices.
Assessment, Technology and Innovation
- Leveraging technology for student engagement and support.
- Exploring the role of virtual and augmented reality in student affairs.
- Data analytics for improving student services and decision-making.
Leadership, Ethics and Change Management
- Strategies for leading and managing change in student affairs.
- Developing leadership skills among student affairs professionals.
- Leading through uncertain times.
- Ethical dilemmas and decision-making in student affairs.
Assessment and Data-Driven Decision-Making
- Using assessment data to improve student services.
- Demonstrating the impact of student affairs on student success.
- Measuring the effectiveness of various programs and initiatives.
Proposals will be evaluated based on content; relevance to conference theme, current issues, and the Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs Practitioners; evidence of clearly stated outcomes and objectives; contribution to the knowledge and practice of student affairs; and adherence to program submission guidelines.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2023
For questions regarding the proposal process, please contact Tyrone Smiley at [email protected].
Register Online for NASPA Georgia Drive-In Conference
JOIN US AT THE 3rd ANNUAL NASPA-GA DRIVE-IN CONFERENCE
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
For this year's conference, we have added a Pre-Conference, held on the day before the full drive-in. We are looking forward to providing additional development opportunities for graduate students and newer professionals! Below is a sample schedule - we will update as the schedule is finalized.
FEBRUARY 1, 2024 - PRE-CONFERENCE
Sessions will include topics such as career management, workplace expectations/culture, creating healthy habits, and navigating difficult conversations.
|12 pm - 1 pm||Lunch|
|1 pm - 2 pm||Session 1|
|2 pm - 3 pm||Session 2|
|3 pm - 4 pm||Session 3|
|4 pm - 5 pm||Session 4|
|5 pm - until||Dinner on Your Own / Explore Savannah|
FEBRUARY 2, 2024 - DRIVE-IN
|7:45 am - 9:15 am||Check-In|
|9:15 am - 9:30 am||Conference Welcome and Opening|
|9:30 am - 10:15 am||Keynote|
|10:30 am - 11:20 am||Breakout Session 1|
|11:30 am - 1 pm||Lunch|
|1:15 pm - 2:05 pm||Panel|
|2:15 pm - 3:05 pm||Breakout Session 2|
|3:15 pm - 4 pm||Breakout Session 3|
|4 pm - 4:15 pm||Closing|
Places to Stay
Tru by Hilton Savannah Midtown - limited room block, nightly group rate of $129 for Jan 31-Feb 3. Click here for direct group rate link.
- Located at 77 W Fairmont Ave., Savannah, GA 31406
- A few miles from the Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus
- To get group rate of $129 per night, book no later than January 1, 2024
- Once room block fills, group rate will no longer be available
- Hotel is pet-friendly ($35 per pet for 1-4 nights, up to 100 lbs)
Additional nearby hotels are listed below - there are no room blocks or special rates for these hotels
While the University System of Georgia does not have a mask nor vaccination mandate at their campuses, we are following protocols for NASPA-sponsored events.
We hope you’ll be comfortable learning and networking alongside your peers knowing that these precautions are being taken at the conference. If you have questions about our COVID-19 protocols, please reach out to us at [email protected].