The NASPA Region III Conference Committee is seeking program proposals for Summer Symposium in Orlando, FL, June 10-14, 2020!
As professionals in higher education, we strive to advance leadership, scholarship, and professional development. Additionally, we seek to value strategic preparation for the upcoming year by allowing space for learning and application. We are seeking program proposals from presenters that draw upon research and experience to create dynamic opportunities for attendees. Please steer away from campus-specific presentations that do not offer means of adaptation to a new campus.
Specifically, we are seeking program proposals that align within one of the following learning themes:
- Preparing for upcoming Elections & Student Activism. Program proposals that address preparing for the 2020 election, activism, campus space/speech policies, dialogue, crisis preparedness, event planning, and other topics that will allow practitioners to better manage campus issues leading up to and in the wake of the election period.
- Managing Health & Wellbeing. Program proposals that address mental health, changing needs of Gen Z, accommodations, autism and neurodiverse students, alcohol & drug education, step-care models of health/counseling services, food access, and other topics that will allow practitioners to better support the evolving landscape of student care.
- Career & Workforce Development. Program proposals that address career competencies, internships, undergraduate research, trade & skilled professional programs, major maps and other topics that will allow practitioners to better prepare students for first launch.
- Access and Completion Initiatives. Program proposals that address diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts that will allow practitioners and faculty to better retain and graduate students of underrepresented or marginalized identities.
- Fostering Student Belonging, Meaning, and Purpose. Program proposals that address orientation, residential living and learning, student activities, student engagement, male engagement, and other topics that will allow practitioners to translate student engagement outside the classroom into educational experiences.
Learn more about the program proposal submission process here: https://apps.naspa.org/cfp/evt_frm_user.cfm?event_id=2407.
The program proposal deadline is Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. If you have any questions regarding submitting your program proposal, please contact Programs Chair, Neil Jamerson at email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your programs.
For non-NASPA members, please click here for additional information about setting up a profile in order to register. We are excited to offer NASPA member rates to SACSA and NASAP members in 2020. Please make sure to select the correct professional level that mirrors your SACSA/NASAP membership so you can access the correct registration rate.
SACSA members should choose the non-member rate and enter the discount code at checkout.
Pre-Conference Workshops will be offered…details coming soon. There are no additional costs for Pre-Conference Workshops
1/3/20 to 4/12/20
4/12/20 to 5/29/20
6/1/20 to 6/10/20
Register Today for NASPA Region III Summer Symposium
All symposium activities will take place at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort. The Walt Disney World Dolphin has arranged special room rates for symposium attendees starting at $235/night. This includes unlimited domestic long distance and local calls, complimentary bottled water replenished daily, high speed internet access, and unlimited admission to fitness centers featuring the WestinWORKOUT® in addition to other amenities. Self-Parking is available for registered guests (those who have a room reservation and spend one or more nights at the hotel) for $20.00 + tax per day. Valet parking for registered guests is $30.00 + tax per day. For non-registered guests (those visiting the hotel to use the facilities and services, but is not staying overnight), self-parking is $20.00 for each exit and valet is $30.00 for each exit.
- The block room rate is good for 3 days before and 3 days after the symposium
- Discounted tickets and tours: https://mydisneygroup.com/naspa2020
Venue Nearest Airport
The closest airport to the symposium location is the Orlando International Airport (MCO). The Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort is approximately 22 miles from the airport.
Venue Transportation & Distance
For more information about transportation, please visit the Parking & Transportation page of the MCO website. A $4.00 discount is available to attendees for round trip shuttle rates through Mears Transportation. Regular Round Trip rates are $32/adult and $25/child (4-11 yrs).
Temperatures in Lake Buena Vista in June are in the mid-90s F during the day and mid-70s F in the evening. As the symposium gets closer, please visit the Weather Channel for more information.
|Thur. June 11||8am-10am||Symposium Committee Meeting|
|2pm-5pm||Pre-Conference Sessions and Roundtables|
|7pm-9pm||Opening Session and Keynote|
|Fri. June 12||8am-4pm||Registration Open|
|12:15pm-1:30pm||Luncheon and Keynote|
|2pm-3pm, 3pm-5pm||Session Blocks|
Sat. June 13
|12:15pm-1:30pm||Luncheon and Awards Reception|
|2pm-3pm, 3pm-4:30pm||Session Blocks|
|5:30pm-7:30pm||Closing Banquet, Final Keynote|
|Sun. June 14||8:30am-12:30pm||Region III Board Meeting (for incoming 2020-2022 members), includes breakfast|