Each session is specifically selected to explore how to engage the process of health promotion to support the outcome of well-being. We hope the conference experience will prove to:
- Stimulate your curious mind. Lead to more questions and a deeper purpose
- Honor inclusive collaboration while advancing scholarly health promotion practice
- Engage the socio-ecological approach, social justice, and earth justice as essential to communal well-being
- Build capacity to influence health through the connectedness between individuals, communities and environments
- Strengthen your commitment to provide leadership to move beyond a bio-behavioral to a settings approach to well-being
The purpose of this conference is to build capacity and leadership for the process of health promotion. Health issues, educational program designs, policy development and specifics of built environments are discussed solely to illustrate effective paths to creating well-being in the campus setting and among those who live, learn and work on campus. The conference focus is on infrastructure and systems that contribute to health promotion. Expect to be challenged, strengthened, and to grow in your ability to provide leadership for a healthier campus.
The work of health promotion in higher education is work that cannot be done as direct service delivery, in a silo or a vacuum. While issue content expertise and best practice prevention are essential, health promotion infrastructure is critical as we move toward our shared outcome of wellbeing.
Learn more about the 2021 NASPA Strategies Conferences, including exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities.
A huge thank you to last years volunteer 2020 NASPA Well-being and Health Promotion Leadership Strategies Conference planning committee. Without this group of folks, the 2020 NASPA Strateges Conferences would not be possible.
2020 Conference Learning Outcomes
Attend this conference to...
- Explore how best to develop and maintain meaningful partnerships and collaborations to effectively work together to achieve common goals
- Discover ways to expand and synergize environmental factors using settings approaches to improve student well-being
- Evaluate coalition building as the field strategically expands and partners with organizations and/or departments to collectively strive for a flourishing campus community
- Introduce foundational principles, concepts, rubrics, strategies, standards, guidelines, theories, processes and/or skills for effective health promotion practice and leadership in higher education as a public health setting
- Review the evolution of health promotion practice in higher education leading to a clear understanding of current industry standards
- Discuss and examine core knowledge and relevant case studies of quality health promotion practice for the field
- Evaluate and discuss campuses that have utilized and integrated new guidance from the field to create healthy and well communities
- Explore the use of precise language used to explaining and delineate the work that is done on campus
- Review, evaluate, and discuss the complexity of data and its use in building the narrative of well-being on campus
- Discover how data is gathered, contextualized, and utilized by campus community members