Transfer specific advising is not a luxury but a necessity that positively contributes to the transfer experience. This session will discuss the impact of supporting transfers through integrated advising within a Transfer Student Center, highlighting the versatile approaches UCSB advisors have developed to access and engage students. Participants will learn strategies to expand the touchpoints and support services beyond the standard one-on-one advising along with establishing strong partnership to expand the reach of transfer support.
- Kari Weber, Coordinator of Student Activities, University of California Santa Barbara
- Malaphone Phommasa, Director, Academic Success Initiatives. University of California, Santa Barbara
- Jami Chavez, Academic Advisor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Sarah Ocampo, Academic Advisor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Maggie Cazares - Academic Advisor, University of California, Santa Barbara
Time: 1-2 ET