Message from the Chair
Welcome to the NASPA-AL website. I encourage you to see all that we have to offer and find ways to get involved at the state, regional, and national levels. Let me know how I can help.
One of the best resources available to you is the wide range of professional development opportunities available through NASPA.
Complete Your Profile
Login and update your profile.
2020 NASPA ALABAMA GRADUATE STUDENT/NEW PROFESSIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
NASPA Alabama seeks to support graduate students and new professionals to attend the NASPA Region III Summer Symposium. This year, two scholarships for $500 (total of $1,000) will be awarded to two current graduate students or new professionals to attend this year's symposium:
Region III Summer Symposium
Questions? Contact Jessica Brown (NASPA-AL Secretary/Treasurer) via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Application and Selection Timeline
Monday, January 15, 2020: Applications open
Monday, February 17, 2020 @ 11:59pm: Applications due
Monday, March 9, 2020: Notification of scholarship
Monday, March 16, 2020: Deadline to accept scholarship
Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants must be either a current graduate student enrolled at an Alabama institution or a new professional currently working in Alabama with less than 5 years of experience in higher education. All applicants must be NASPA members. Current NASPA-AL Board members are not eligible to apply.
If selected, scholarship recipients will be required to:
- Accept the scholarship offer no later than Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Attend the Region III Summer Symposium.
- Fund conference registration, travel, meals and lodging in advance and keep all receipts.
- Receipts will then be submitted to the NASPA-AL Secretary/Treasurer for reimbursement up to $500.
- Complete a written or video reflection in regards to their conference experience that will be sent out after the conference.
Want to get involved? Help us build in state for our field?
Give us a shout! Contact the Alabama State Chair, Abbygail Langham, for more information!