Being recognized as a Rhatigan Fellow was indeed a true honor and the primary reason I was able to attend the 2013 NASPA Conference. I applaud the NASPA Foundation for your quality and creative efforts in supporting me and other graduate and doctoral students. I give you two big thumbs up! Thank you so much!
Make a Gift to the Foundation
Help Student Affairs Professionals
Your NASPA Foundation advances NASPA and the student affairs profession by raising funds that:
- Connect the Present with the Future
- Celebrate Achievement
- Support Research and Best Practices
- Honor History
How Your Donation Helps
Whether you are passionate about supporting future student affairs leaders or building our knowledge through research - your gift, no matter the size, will provide more scholarships and increased research funding. Please give!
When you give, you support young scholars and recognize the importance and impact of the work of distinguished student affairs practitioners. When you invest in the NASPA Foundation, you connect the past and present to the future. You infuse a spirit of gratitude and giving among NASPA’s members. You are a leader and inspiration to others.
2014-15 NASPA Foundation Outcomes
With your help, we were able to invest more than $50,000 to advance the student affairs profession:
- ENCOURAGE evidence based high-impact research, scholarship and practice, through Channing Briggs Small Grants, in areas from assessment to accreditation to student health.
- CELEBRATE twelve distinguished Student Affairs professionals as Pillars of the Profession, and honor Alice Manicur and Jon Dalton as Blackburn Distinguished Pillars of the Profession.
- HONOR the Melvene D. Hardee Dissertation of the Year winner and runner-up with cash awards.
- ADVANCE a NASPA member through a Zenobia Hikes Scholarship to the Alice Manicur Symposium.
- UPLIFT four graduate students as Rhatigan Fellows, with scholarship support to attend the NASPA Annual Conference.
- INSPIRE undergraduate peer educators with BACCHUS Scholarships to General Assembly.
- AWARD a stipend to the tenured faculty member who received the annual Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member.
- CONFER Capstone Awards on colleagues retiring from our profession.
- PARTNER with the Center for Women to grant the Ruth Strang Award.
- SUPPORT the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) in awarding NUFP GRE Scholarships to NUFP Fellows.
- UNDERWRITE the Student Affairs Archive at Bowling Green State University - a resource for all student affairs researchers.
- PUBLISH the 5 Things Briefs in partnership with NASPA's Research and Policy Institute.
For me, giving to the NASPA Foundation was about celebrating an outstanding colleague in the field that I know personally.
It’s an easy give to the NASPA Foundation when asked personally by a colleague I have had the pleasure to know for many years. Cherry Callahan called and asked for my support and there was only one answer to give: Absolutely, yes! NASPA and my SA colleagues/friends have shaped my personal and professional life and I am deeply grateful!