Being recognized as a Rhatigan Fellow was indeed a true honor and the primary reason I was able to attend the 2013 NASPA Conference. I applaud the NASPA Foundation for your quality and creative efforts in supporting me and other graduate and doctoral students. I give you two big thumbs up! Thank you so much!
NASPA Foundation 100th Anniversary Campaign - Beyond our Wildest Dreams
The NASPA Foundation is supporting NASPA's centennial through a 100th Anniversary Campaign that will endow existing awards and create seed fund funding for new awards.
Your gift, no matter the size, will help expand the reach and impact of the NASPA Foundation, supporting NASPA's mission and legacy in the present and future.
NASPA Foundation Outcomes
- ENCOURAGE innovation on campus with the NASPA Innovation Grants, designed to help Student Affairs practitioners try out new ideas on their campus.
- CELEBRATE twelve distinguished Student Affairs professionals as Pillars of the Profession, and honor Dr. Larry Ebbers and Dr. Elizabeth Nuss as Blackburn Distinguished Pillars of the Profession.
- HONOR the Melvene D. Hardee Dissertation of the Year winner and runner-up with cash awards.
- ADVANCE a NASPA member through a Zenobia Hikes Scholarship to the Alice Manicur Symposium.
- UPLIFT nine graduate students as Rhatigan Fellows, with scholarship support to attend the NASPA Annual Conference.
- AWARD a stipend to the tenured faculty member who received the annual Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member.
- PARTNER with the Center for Women to grant the Ruth Strang Award.
- INSPIRE undergraduate peer educators with BACCHUS Scholarships to General Assembly.
- SUPPORT the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) in awarding NUFP GRE Scholarships to NUFP Fellows.
- ENGAGE NASPA Knowledge Communities in the creation of KC Special Interest Funds to support KC members in their professional development, research, and networking as well as mission-related activites of the KC.
- CONFER Capstone Awards on colleagues retiring from our profession.
- UNDERWRITE the Student Affairs Archive at Bowling Green State University - a resource for all student affairs researchers.
For me, giving to the NASPA Foundation was about celebrating an outstanding colleague in the field that I know personally.
It’s an easy give to the NASPA Foundation when asked personally by a colleague I have had the pleasure to know for many years. Cherry Callahan called and asked for my support and there was only one answer to give: Absolutely, yes! NASPA and my SA colleagues/friends have shaped my personal and professional life and I am deeply grateful!