The following are the goals for the Region VI Newsletter this year (2016-2017):
- Measure and then continually improve engagement with our readership
- Share new knowledge in a relaxed format that allows for reflection and sound practitioner research
- Disseminate regional reflections and scholarship surrounding ways in which we can dialogue and act on a global scale with social justice and inclusion in mind.
- Encourage participation from all major subregions and as many KCs as possible innewsletter
Winter Newsletter Timeline
Call for Articles: Thursday, January 9th & January 23rd
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 27th by 5pm
Newsletter Distribution: The week of February 13th
Remember it's NEVER too early to contribute to the Region VI Newsletter!
Please email the Newsletter Editor at: [email protected]
In need of some inspiration? The following is a list of topics from past Region VI Newsletters:
- “Save the Date” for upcoming events (include proposal & registration deadlines, cost, and primary contact information)
- Knowledge Communities, Regional Representatives, & Sub-Committees post conference summaries/updates (100 words or so)
- National Conference Presenters: Please provide a 150-200 word précis on your session so that those who could not attend can still benefit from your hard work.
- Upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Mentorship programs/experiences (Candid conversations, Meal with a mentor)
- Insight from undergraduate/graduate students
- Research & assessment
- Leadership & diversity
- Student Involvement, Engagement, & Development programs & services
- Pressing issues facing student affairs professionals & how you are confronting those issues
- Transitions: Are there any new faces on your campus or seasoned ones who have new positions? Any valued colleagues who have left or retired?