Message from the Director
"In my experience with NASPA Region II for the better part of the last decade and a half, I have found our greatest strength to be our people. In fact, at regional in-person programs, conferences and institutes, the depth, compassion and care of colleagues is unmatched. It is my hope that through our shared efforts over the course of the next two years we continue to focus on those who are most important to us – each other."
Who We Are
We are dedicated to promoting the vocation of student affairs within our region and beyond by providing opportunities for professional development and training. Explore the website and learn about our upcoming events, professional development opportunities, knowledge community contributions and information on becoming involved.
In the United States, NASPA Region II encompasses Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia. In addition, we also represent Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Canal Zone, Afghanistan, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Italy, and Turkey.
Each year, Region II celebrates its community of Student Affairs professionals and students at the Region II Conference that takes place each June. We hope to see you at the 2020 Region II Annual Conference in Niagara Falls, NY!
SPONSORSHIP & ENDORSEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Region II provides sponsorship and endorsement opportunities to other professional development activities that take place within our Region. Often times, we co-host conferences, provide endorsements for local drive-in workshops, and many others! If you are interested in a sponsorship or endorsement opportunity with NASPA Region II, please fill out our form by clicking here.
The Region II Advisory Board oversees the various operations of the Region as well as representing the state organizations within Region II and coordinating with the Knowledge Communities.
Complete Your Profile
Login and update your profile.
One of the best resources available to you is the wide range of professional development opportunities. This list contains both our “Hosted Events,” workshops and webinars that we plan and manage, and some “Related Events,” hosted by the NASPA Central Office or other NASPA Constituent Groups. To see a full listing of NASPA events, please see the Events page.
NASPA Region II has long been one of the largest regions (by membership) due to the number of colleges and universities located in the Middle-Atlantic United States. The leadership of Region II strives to recognize the excellent work being done within the region as well building talent at all levels by providing members with professional development and networking opportunities. Each year, Region II celebrates its community of student affairs professionals and students at the Region II Conference, held annually in June. This page serves as a collection of the Region's history and past major events. This collection will attempt to help create a repository for members of the Region to see what we have done and what we still need to do. Feel free to peruse and let us know if we are missing something or there is something that you would like to see!
- Jeffrey S. Putman, NASPA Region II Historian
Strategic Plan 2018-2021
Mission: To connect members of the regional student affairs community in professional development efforts that build competencies and creates networks to share the rewards and challenges of educating college students.
Vision: NASPA Region II is the premier regional source for student affairs professional development that connects current and future practitioners and faculty of the field.
Strategic Goals & Action Steps (download a PDF of the plan here)
- Focus on Our Future - Expand access for undergraduate students, graduate students and new professionals to NASPA2 programs, services and activities.
- Provide conference scholarships to graduate students and new professionals to attend the region’s annual conference;
- Organize no/low-cost year-round networking opportunities throughout the region through state-level programming.
- Provide socialization into the field, mentorship, and interview opportunities within the region.
- Prepare Mid-Level Professionals to Lead - Introduce high-impact professional development opportunities for mid-level Student Affairs professionals throughout NASPA2.
- Introduce “Career Connections” (placement service) at the Regional Conference;
- Expand opportunities for mid-level professionals to be engaged in Careers in Student Affairs Month while aligning the Faculty Council with the Region’s NUFP program;
- Provide mentoring opportunities for career advancement;
- Expand year-round, virtual program offerings for mid-level managers.
- Innovate Our Work - Provide opportunities to discover and discuss new and innovative strategies that address current issues in higher education.
- Introduce an on-going NASPA2 “senior student affairs officer roundtable” in conjunction with our expanded SSAO Institute at the Regional Conference;
- Offer faculty-specific initiatives;
- Provide timely information on state and national policies that impact our campuses and our students;
- Ensure that senior-level student affairs leaders and faculty are aware of new, and on-going NASPA initiatives and programs.
- Commitment to Community Colleges and Two-Year Institutions - Develop and deliver programs focused on supporting student affairs work at community college and two-year institutions throughout NASPA2.
- Establish a NASPA2 Community College Institute;
- Ensure representation from community college and two-year institutions on the Regional Advisory Board and Regional Conference planning committee.