NASPA Region IV-E is committed to advancing our field. To aid in these efforts, the region has developed the following Strategic Priorities:
- Deliver vibrant and diverse professional development to serve the breadth of needs and opportunities within our region.
- Assess existing professional development opportunities to determine scope of service and
- identify gaps along a variety of criteria (professional level served, institutional type relevancy, geography, etc.)
- Expand efforts to ensure regional professional development is accessible and affordable, leveraging technology where appropriate.
- Actively seek collaborative partnerships with relevant professional organizations to serve the professional development needs of both.
- Develop resources and strategies for deploying both adaptive and timely responses to
- emergent issues within the region.
- Develop and implement a data-driven approach to recruitment, support, and engagement of our constituencies (corporate partners, individual members, member institutions, non-profit partners).
- Conduct an asset mapping process to understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as related to membership engagement.
- Create feedback mechanisms to better understand membership perceptions about NASPA IV-E for those who both choose be involved and not (first-time attendees, faculty, mid-level professionals, etc.).
- Develop membership recruitment and engagement strategies, leveraging both the resources available via the NASPA Central office, and the state membership coordinators.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy for the IV-E membership.
- Identify gaps between the needs of American college and university members and Canadian college and university members and how NASPA Region IV-E can serve both.
Long-term Strategic Planning
- Establish a long-term strategic resource direction that is both comprehensive and flexible, and aligns with the NASPA strategic plan.
- Establish measures to guide and enhance the viability of our annual regional conferences
- Design a strategic and sound ten-year financial plan for the region.
- Develop a comprehensive regional operations calendar designed to help direct the business of the region.
- Document guiding philosophies and expectations regarding the onboarding, training, development, off-boarding of regional board members.
Inclusion and Equity
- Actively champion and create spaces, resources, and programs for professionals in underrepresented communities, in all functional areas, and at all stages of their career.
- Conduct an intentional assessment of the cost (time, resources) of being an active member of our region.
- Conduct a power analysis of key processes and procedures of NASPA IV-E, and evolve same to be inclusive and equitable for the full membership.
- Identify and adopt strategies to ensure executive leadership positions of our advisory board will be representative of our diverse membership and students.
- Create transparent and open communication and planning strategies designed to include multiple voices and perspectives, and to enhance transparency of regional decision-making processes.
- Provide specific professional development opportunities for professionals from equity seeking groups at intentional moments in their career (entry, mid-level, seeking executive positions, etc.)